My husband’s best friend got married last weekend in rustic Lake Arrowhead. This was the perfect setting for this couple because they are adventurous and have taken some wild trips together. There is nothing they haven’t tried together! They regularly go hiking, camping, climbing, surfing, snowboarding.. you name it and they have probably tried it. They love the outdoors! I admire that outgoing spirit in them and enjoy hearing about their adventures from the comfort of my couch =) I loved the scenery at their wedding venue the Hidden Creek at Pine Rose.
This is a beautiful setting with a babbling brook running through the reception area. For the ceremony, there is a stunning oak gazebo and log trellis with hanging vines. The stunning trees make it a comfortable temperature for your guests and many picture perfect areas for your photos! There is also a cabin, where you and your wedding party can crash right after the wedding! This is a great option for couples looking for a romantic, rustic setting outside Los Angeles.
For us, of course, the wedding was very emotional. I have known the groom almost as long as I have known my husband. My husband gave a funny and touching toast to the couple. The father of the groom also gave a very personal speech, which got all the ladies shedding a few tears. After the toasts and dinner, we danced, ate cake, jumped in the photo booth, and enjoyed the evening under the boardwalk bulbs. The entire night was a reflection of their love. There were many special details and touches that made the wedding their own.
Most unique groomsmen gifts EVER! A hatchet for the outdoorsy groomsmen! Then socks and a tie for them to wear on the big day.
Check out some of the other special details below.
– A wooden welcome sign to set the tone
– The table names were locations they had travelled with a photo from that spot
– Corn Hole personalized with their names and wedding date
– Gorgeous chandeliers above the couple and wedding cake for a touch of glam
– A trunk for wedding gifts, but makes a great piece of furniture in their home as newlyweds
– Signature drinks and craft beers that the couple love
– A tree lined with photos of the beautiful couple
– A fire pit and s’more bar! Blankets and pillows were set out to keep guests comfy by the fire. This was a huge HIT and the perfect way to end the night!